Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Margarita Sizzle

On the needles at the moment is a chartreuse yellow* version of Wendy Bernard's Sizzle, using Rowan Cotton Glace yarn. The pattern recommends a silk/cotton blend, but Cotton Glace is 100% cotton and, therefore, a little stiff (it was on sale at John Lewis). Here's hoping it softens up a little when washed... I've been working on it for three evenings so far and I'm still only about a quarter finished, thanks to the 3.5mm needles I need to get the gauge right. It's a little hardgoing, but I think it'll be quite nice once it's completed. Photos when that day comes!

*I thought chartreuse was just chartreuse, but according to the official pantone colour, "chartreuse" is a lime green, 50% green, 50% yellow. The colour I formerly considered chartreuse is "chartreuse yellow".

No comments: