Sunday, March 04, 2007

Happiness is... finding your skate key

With the onset of spring and in my ongoing quest to rediscover my original passions in life (aka reverting to my childhood), I'm considering buying a pair of traditional, quad rollerskates. I had several (second-hand) pairs when I was a kid and, along with my bike and my Barbies, I loved them greatly. I can remember vividly how I'd zoom around outside our house, starting down the winding, downwards sloping path on the front lawn (it even had an uneven bit that was great for jumps), round the sidewalk, up the driveway and into the garage and back again, often while singing Michael Jackson and Kenny Loggins songs. Good times! However, once I outgrew the rollerboot quads, rollerblades were in and, because there some controversy about them being more dangerous and unstable than quads, I was discouraged from getting a pair and left my skating days behind.

Chris's flat is right on the Water of Leith walkway, which we've often cycled and walked along, and I think it will lend itself very well to skating along. Now I just need an assortment of cute, kicky skirts that will burl out nicely in a spin and I'll be all set!

No comments: