Saturday, April 14, 2007

Chai: Adventures in Tea

Last night, we went out for dinner and drinks with my friends to Chai: Adventures in Tea on Candlemaker Row. I'd only been once before and had a pot of exotic tea, and I really liked the atmosphere and the decor, particularly the brightly coloured silks upholstered on various interesting little poufs and small chairs. There was a DJ playing, but it wasn't particularly busy for an Edinburgh Friday night and had a very nice, laidback vibe.

Unfortunately, they've recently changed their menu and it's pretty much limited to salads and sandwiches, which were fairly mediocre; there wasn't even any dressing on my chicken and avocado salad. Also, their stock of white wine was very low; twice we ordered a bottle off the list to be told that they didn't have any of it left. The boys enjoyed their pints of Staropramen, though.

Regardless, we had a great evening of chat (seats on a Friday!) and I'll definitely return for tea and nibbles, but not for dinner, unless they revamp the menu again. I've heard that Edinburgh's Stitch 'n Bitch group meets there on Wednesday evenings, so I might go along to that finally one day soon.

No comments: