Friday, April 06, 2007

Flow it, show it, long as I can grow it

I finally carried myself off to the hairdresser today for a long overdue haircut. It must have been at least six months since my last chop and I had lost my fringe altogether! However, now it's back! I'm really please with my fresh 'do (even though I look a little sullen in the pics).

Given that it's Good Friday, I was pleasantly surprised that Ishi was open today and that they had an appointment available this afternoon. I'd been meaning to visit the salon since it opened in Marchmont a year or so ago, but hadn't yet managed. All the staff were very friendly, the products all smelled good, my hairdresser -- Rachel -- listened and gave me what I wanted, and I didn't come out looking like a wet seal, but with lots of swingy body. (I hate it when hairdressers OD on the straighteners and wax, plastering my very fine hair to my head.) A very successful trip and I'd recommend Ishi to anyone looking for a new hairdresser in the Southside.

No comments: