Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Latest FO: Sizzle

I finished Sizzle last week and have already worn it out and about a couple of times, over a button-down shirt, and will probably wear it through the summer on its own. I'm really pleased with it. It was made from about four and a half balls of Rowan Cotton Glace yarn on 3.5mm needles, which was lovely to work with and has a nice, smooth sheen. I made a slight measuring error with the length of the armholes and, as a result, the neckline and everything is a little higher than it was meant to be, but it's still wearable and not worth correcting. I think I might make another in a slightly heavier gauge and in a cotton blend, rather than pure cotton.

Wendy Bernard's patterns are really well-written and easily executed, so I've bought the pattern for Flair, her take on the swing coat. It's on the needles already and will be made from pale blue 100% cotton Patons yarn that's been kicking around my stash for a couple of years.

2 comments:

beam aims north said...

Cute! I like it with the shirt underneath.

Kathryn said...

Thanks! I like it with a shirt, too. I really just included the pic without a shirt because it shows the colour more accurately.