Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Gammy leg

I hurt my leg on Monday night. I’d slightly strained my right calf when I was out walking last week but, the other night, while running through the house, something audibly went ‘pop’ at the back of my calf and floored me; I almost threw up from the initial pain and writhed on the floor for several minutes. I don’t know what I’ve done, but I can gingerly put weight on it and limp around, emitting small screams only occasionally, so I think it’s something that will mend itself. However, after hobbling around for two days, my left leg is now sore from bearing all the extra weight. I’m supposed to be training for the Edinburgh MoonWalk in June (walking 26.2 miles in the middle of the night, wearing a novelty bra -- why did I ever think that would be a good idea?), but that’s scuppered for a while. Boo. Really, I just hope it's healed enough to dance in the ceilidh at a wedding next week!

No comments: