Monday, March 05, 2007

J'aime Le Slouch


Hats are my favourite things to knit and I love my newest one, Le Slouch. It's made from King Cole Anti-Tickle merino yarn in 'bluebell' that I had left over from the fair isle.

I'd never, ever successfully knitted anything using double-pointed needles before but, somehow, I just got it with this pattern. The 5mm needles didn't feel as awkward in my hands as they did previously and the stitches didn't slip off the non-working needles with every shift in position. Hurrah! However, it's far from perfect -- some of the stitches are extremely loose, especially where the rib meets the moss stitch -- but I'm satisfied and wear it almost every day. I think I'll probably make another one (we need woolly hats through April here) in a softer yarn like cashmerino, as the 'anti-tickle' is a little itchy on my forehead, when I have to pull it right down to prevent it blowing off in the gales. (I've almost lost it several times struggling up Leith Walk.)

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Nice hat but I like your glasses more. So much more that I think they are the same as the ones I bought on Saturday, Would have been cool when we were 15. Goes to show that we both have outstanding taste.

Ashbloem said...

Where did you get the pattern, or did you create it? Super cute! I may have to make a cotton one for these here Texas spring cool evenings.

Kathryn said...

It's a freebie from the Knit and Tonic website. I really like her patterns. http://www.knitandtonic.typepad.com/leslouchrev.pdf