Friday, March 16, 2007

Movie Meme

1. Name a movie you've seen more than ten times.
Star Wars, Return of the Jedi, When Harry Met Sally, Amelie, Forrest Gump, Brief Encounter, Mary Poppins, The Sound of Music.

2. Name a movie that you've seen multiple times in the theatre.
The Matrix, The Two Towers, Bridget Jones's Diary, Forrest Gump, French Kiss (the electricity went out in a storm the first time round, so we got our tickets refunded and had to go back to see the conclusion; it wasn't really worth it).

3. Name an actor who would make you more inclined to see a movie.
Christian Bale, George Clooney, Cate Blanchette, Johnny Depp, Ziyi Zhang, Takeshi Kaneshiro, Kate Winslet, Maggie Gyllenhaal, Jake Gyllenhaal, Emily Watson, Ben Stiller.

4. Name an actor who would make you less likely to see a movie.
Jackie Chan, Sylvester Stallone, Angelina Jolie, Christian Slater, Jennifer Aniston, Hugh Grant, Katie Holmes, Tom Cruise.

5. Name a movie that you can and do quote from.
Swingers, When Harry Met Sally, The Sound of Music.

6. Name a movie musical to which you know all the lyrics to all the songs.
The Sound of Music, Chicago, Newsies (ahem), Mary Poppins, Bye Bye Birdie, Seven Brides for Seven Brothers.

7. Name a movie you've been known to sing along to.
See #6.

8. Name a movie you would recommend everyone see.
Amelie, It's a Wonderful Life, Rebecca, The Apartment.

9. Name a movie that you own.
Annie Hall.

10. Name an actor that launched his/her entertainment career in another medium but who's surprised you with their acting chops.
Mark Wahlberg.

11. Have you ever seen a movie in a drive-in? If so, what?
Unfortunately, no.

12. Ever made out in a movie?
Not in a theatre, no. If ever I wanted to, the boy was too into the movie. However, I have made out to videos/dvds.

13. Name a movie that you keep meaning to see but you just haven't gotten around to seeing it?
The Queen, Notes on a Scandal, The Last King of Scotland, Casablanca.

14. Ever walked out of a movie?
Yes, Miami Vice last summer.

15. Name a movie that made you cry in the theatre.
Too many to name, but I thought I'd never stop crying after Dancer in the Dark. (I went to the supermarket to buy my dinner afterwards, sobbing all the while...).

16. Popcorn?
Occasionally, but not often. Usually only if I'm going to miss dinner.

17. How often do you go to the movies (as opposed to renting or watching at home)?
Not nearly as often as I used to; once a month, if I'm lucky.

18. What's the last movie you saw in the theatre?
Pan's Labyrinth.

19. What's your preferred or favourite genre of movie?
Romance, comedy or anything with magical realism.

20. What's the first movie you remember seeing in the theatre?
Either Snow White or Bambi.

21. What movie do you wish you'd never seen?
Sin City, Event Horizon, Miami Vice.

22. What's the weirdest movie you've ever enjoyed?
Delicatessen, Mon Oncle.

23. What's the scariest movie you've seen?
Event Horizon, Resident Evil, Pan's Labyrinth.

24. What's the funniest movie you've ever seen?
So I Married an Axe Murderer, Little Miss Sunshine, Monty Python and the Holy Grail, The Meaning of Life, The Life of Brian.

3 comments:

Richard Mason said...

I remember that I saw the trailer for Event Horizon and somehow decided that it was going to be really good, because the trailer didn't really show anything except a "realistic" view of droplets of blood floating around a space station. But it was actually one of the worst movies I've seen.

I have a theory that if I'd seen the TV commercials for it, I might have been warned off, or at least had lower expectations, but I was in a non-TV-watching phase at the time.

Richard Mason said...

I wonder if you attended any drive-in movies as an infant. Certainly we went on family outings to the drive-in in Shrewsbury and it seems possible that you would have been brought along. But I don't remember for certain.

Kathryn said...

Mum can't remember if I was ever there as a baby either, but I certainly went in utero to see Star Wars.